California license with minimum 5 years-experience. Experience arguing motions, taking both fact and expert depositions, and having primary responsibility for your own case load required. Absent strong writing and communication skills, well-developed organizational and time management skills, an innovative and creative mindset, and strong practical litigation skills, you will neither enjoy this position nor excel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to excel in this position.
- Handles all aspects of a litigation case load including client and team communication, evidence gathering, conducting both written discovery and depositions, enforcing discovery, writing and assembling mediation packages, and communicating with defense counsel and insurance adjusters.
- Readies cases for trial including preparing all pre-trial documents, motions in limine, and preparing witnesses.
- Supports trial team as necessary during trial.
- Volunteers readily when team members need assistance even if the task falls outside the technical parameters of the job; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Responds to and incorporates management direction and constructive feedback.
- Staunchly protects our firm culture and reputation.