Our Firm: Coopers LLP
We are a personal injury law firm that helps the seriously injured, people grieving the loss of loved ones, preventable disaster victims, and all bicyclists.
- We lift the worry, stress, and concern off our clients’ shoulders to allow them to focus on their physical and emotional recovery.
- We take on all aspects of the claims process, including all paperwork, litigation, settlement negotiations, and when necessary, trial.
We do not relent without obtaining justice for our clients.
Our Culture & Core Values:
We prioritize client care and success and believe that comes from working with talented individuals who love doing what they do.
We run collaborative teams that are committed to personal and professional growth. We want people to reach their maximum potential.
Our core values are central to who we are and how we do it. They are:
We invite you to read more about our core values on our website’s career page.
Please consider the following before applying:
The right person is a rapid learner who will be supporting one of two owners of a law firm in growth mode. While that owner ascribes to doing less well, rather than more poorly, he has a terrible time saying no and prioritizing his schedule and managing incoming communications is, to say the least, challenging. We’re looking for someone who is used to knowing what that type of person needs before he even knows it himself.
Do you need a legal background? No. But you must love to learn.
This is a general expectation outline with the recognition the position is dynamic and ultimately the role is to make the owner’s work easier and be in essence an extension of the owner himself:
- Be responsible for a broad variety of administrative tasks including the following: heavy calendar management often with competing priorities, completing expense reports, preparing, and sending correspondence on behalf of owner, arranging travel plans, prepping daily/weekly/monthly calendars, confirming appointments, and ensuring schedule coordination is completed for business and personal matters.
- Make sure the owner is aware of and completes deadlines.
- Proactively prepare owner for meetings, ensuring owner has all materials ahead of time, and follows up on any action items.
- Organize and attend team meetings within the firm, creating agenda, taking meeting notes and provide follow up, where appropriate.
- Manage information flow, including email inboxes and calls.
- Volunteer when team members need assistance even if the task falls outside the technical parameters of the job.
- Ensure all memberships, subscriptions, donations, and licenses of owner stay up to date and maintained.
- Be highly adept at organization, efficiency, and multitasking.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Use sound judgment and common sense to resolve most questions and problems independently, referring only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Be the glue that keeps the team together, and the oil that keeps the machine working.
- Assist in the development of written processes that will be used by the team to increase efficiency during the first year of your tenure.
- Staunchly protect our firm culture and reputation.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 10+ years of executive support experience.
- Provided a bridge for smooth communication and built collaborative relationships between executives and staff, demonstrating leadership, trust, and credibility.
- Managed email inboxes for others, including assisting in follow-up of emails and calls; ability to exercise the utmost discretion on all matters.
- Developed, enhanced, edited, and maintained a wide range of documents, including contacts, meeting notes, reports, charts, agreements, correspondence, and presentations with 100% accuracy. This includes communication and correspondence that may be of complex and confidential nature.
- Thrived at working under pressure with the ability to handle a wide variety of activities with great discretion and professional poise.
Compensation will vary depending on experience level. It will range from $90,000 to a maximum of $120,000 per year.
A great culture starts with providing well for our employees. In addition to a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization, we offer a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Retirement matching plan
- Competitive vacation and holiday policy (PTO)
- Paid sick leave
- PTO for staff professional development activities
- Commuter benefits that encourage active and public transportation