Our Firm: Coopers LLP
We are a personal injury law firm that helps the seriously injured, people grieving the loss of loved ones, preventable disaster victims, and all bicyclists.
- We lift the worry, stress, and concern off our clients’ shoulders to allow them to focus on their physical and emotional recovery.
- We take on all aspects of the claims process, including all paperwork, litigation, settlement negotiations, and when necessary, trial.
We do not relent without obtaining justice for our clients.
Our Culture & Core Values
We believe that we can achieve the greatest success for our clients by working to create the best culture of any law firm, and by hiring talented and fulfilled legal professionals who enjoy doing what they do.
We foster a collaborative team culture that is committed to supporting each employee’s personal and professional growth. Our goal is for our employees to be the best that they can be, both personally and professionally.
Our core values are central to who we are and what we do. They are:
We invite you to read more about our core values on our website’s career page.
Please read before applying:
The key to succeeding in this position lays in one’s anticipatory skills – being able to see around corners, manage information flow, and coordinate complicated calendars. The interactions will be with (sometimes) demanding clients and (always) demanding lawyers and will require solid written and verbal communication skills with a high level of discernment.
The ideal candidate will embody our core values.
Though there are no minimal education or experience requirements for this job; you will excel in this position only if you have strong communication skills, well-developed organizational and time management skills, and an anticipatory mindset.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required to excel in this position.
- Manage information flow, including email inboxes and calls, for two partners.
- Volunteer when team members need assistance even if the task falls outside the technical parameters of the job.
- Be responsible for a broad variety of administrative tasks including the following: managing calendars, completing expense reports, preparing correspondence, arranging travel plans and itineraries, prepping daily/weekly/monthly calendars and ensuring schedule coordination is completed for business and personal matters.
- Make sure team members are aware of and complete deadlines.
- Organize and attend team meetings within the firm, keep meeting notes and provide follow up, where appropriate.
- Be highly adept at multitasking and managing extensive scheduling, as well as proactively preparing for meetings and following through.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Use sound judgment and common sense to resolve most questions and problems independently, referring only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Be the glue that keeps the team together, and the oil that keeps the machine working.
- Respond to and incorporate management direction and constructive feedback.
- Staunchly protect our firm culture and reputation.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 5+ years of executive support experience.
- Provided a bridge for smooth communication between executives (partners) and staff, demonstrating leadership, trust, and credibility.
- Managed email inboxes for others, including assisting in follow-up of emails and calls; ability to exercise the utmost discretion on all matters.
- Assisted in all meeting preparation; at times external research may be required.
- Developed, enhanced, edited, and maintained a wide range of documents, including contacts, meeting notes, reports, charts, agreements, correspondence, and presentations with 100% accuracy. This includes communication and correspondence that may be of complex and confidential nature.
- Thrived at working under pressure with the ability to handle a wide variety of activities with great discretion and professional poise.
Compensation will vary depending on experience level. It will range from $75,000 to a maximum of $120,000 per year.
A great culture starts with providing well for our employees. In addition to a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization, we offer a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Retirement matching plan
- Competitive vacation and holiday policy (PTO)
- Paid sick leave
- PTO for staff professional development activities
- Commuter benefits that encourage active and public transportation