We are a personal injury law firm that helps the seriously injured, people grieving the loss of loved ones, preventable disaster victims, and bicyclists.
- We lift the worry, stress, and concern off our clients’ shoulders to allow them to focus on their physical and emotional recovery
- We take on all aspects of the process, including all paperwork, litigation, settlement negotiations, and when necessary, trial
We do not relent without obtaining justice for our clients.
Our Culture and Core Values:
We believe that we can achieve the greatest success for our clients by working to create the best culture of any law firm, and by hiring talented legal professionals who enjoy what they do. We foster a collaborative team culture that is committed to supporting each employee’s personal and professional growth. Our goal is for our employees to be the best that they can be, both personally and professionally.
Our core values are central to who we are and what we do. They are:
We invite you to read more about our core values on our website’s career page.
About the job:
The Litigation Paralegal will assist attorneys in all aspects of litigation from processing pleadings and discovery, communications, calendaring, scheduling depositions, meetings and mediations, to ultimately preparing trial documents and scheduling trial witnesses. This is a hands-on position that involves working collaboratively with attorneys, clients, experts, staff and witnesses.
Please read before applying:
This position requires strong organizational, project management, time management, prioritization, and communication skills. Excellent grammar and editing skills are essential. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of court rules and civil procedure. Last, the ideal candidate will embody our core values.
- Accurately and timely process case documents according to firm procedures
- Accurately and timely docket court and case deadlines using case management software
- Effectively manage time to accomplish daily tasks and duties
- Assist multiple attorneys during various stages of litigation
- Schedule depositions, meetings, mediations, and other litigation related events
- Prepare draft court documents
- Prepare draft discovery documents
- Finalize and serve pleadings, motions, discovery and other documents
- Professionally communicate with clients, courts, and attorneys
- Order, compile and distribute records
- Work with experts
- Assist in all aspects of trial preparation including preparing trial binders, trial exhibits and scheduling trial witnesses
- Respond to and incorporate management direction and constructive feedback
- Staunchly protect our firm’s culture and reputation
- Familiar with state and federal rules, procedures, and litigation processes surrounding depositions, discovery, mediations, hearings and trials
- Able to manage heavy workloads, prioritize tasks, and work under pressure
- Meticulous, organized, efficient, and flexible
- Proactive, resourceful, and demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Able to assists other team members if asked, and asks for help from others when needed
- At least 5 years of experience as a paralegal
- Strong personal and professional judgment
- Initiative in the absence of direction
- Ability to work under pressure while handling a wide variety of activities with great discretion and poise
- Problem-solving abilities that adapt to a variety of situations
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with leadership and staff to create and administer policies and processes
- Ability to respond quickly to shifting circumstances and adjust and prioritize accordingly
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Zoom and DocuSign
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Nice to have:
- Experience with FileVine.
How we will support your growth and success:
- Provide opportunities to work closely with the founders, leaders, and teammates
- Provide opportunities for professional development to further skills and knowledge
- Provide opportunities to learn the ins and outs of a high-performing personal injury law firm
- Provide a collaborative and supportive team of smart, passionate people who are all focused on a common goal
A great culture starts with providing well for our employees. In addition to a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization, we offer a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Medical insurance, dental insurance and vision insurance
- Retirement matching plan
- Competitive vacation and holiday policy (PTO)
- Paid sick leave
- PTO for team member professional development activities
- Commuter benefits that encourage active and public transportation