Job Type: Full Time; Non-Exempt.
Salary: $85,000 a year
Our Firm, Mission, Culture and Core Values:
Come join our growing firm! Coopers LLP makes society safer by holding wrongdoers accountable in ways that raise consciousness regarding potentially dangerous behaviors while ensuring just compensation for our clients.
Founded on the principle that achieving success for our clients comes only from fulfilled people who remain civil in the legal system’s adversarial process, Coopers LLP is constantly working to create the best culture of any law firm. Fostering a collaborative team culture and open-door environment that supports each employee’s personal and professional growth and ensures the firm is a pleasant and fun environment is of utmost importance to our firm. We love what we do, and it shows.
Our core values are Relentless, Committed, Candid, Respectful, Collaborative, and Wise. We invite you to read more about our core values on our website’s career page.
About the role:
The Office Manager will partner with colleagues across our growing firm to oversee the daily operations of the San Francisco office and provide executive assistant support to Partners, as requested. The responsibilities of this role will involve becoming the go-to person for the office by taking on a range of tasks which will incorporate office services, reception, finance, and HR. The Office Manager will be required to be knowledgeable in all areas of the business and have extensive local knowledge of regulatory requirements, laws, and best practices.
The below is not an exhaustive list but provides an expectation of the likely day to day responsibilities. The Office Manager should be prepared to work autonomously and respond as required working across teams to ensure a high level of client service is always maintained. All responsibilities should be carried out in accordance with firm protocols, policies and procedures, and best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, you must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to excel in this position.
- Provide receptionist support to the firm.
- Coordinate arrangements for visiting staff including access to the office, prior identification of workspace, access to phones, and any IT requirements.
- Coordinate with third party vendors to arrange copying, custom reprographics/binding, and messenger services.
- Ensure office supplies are sufficiently stocked and replenished within defined budget guidelines.
- Organize programs, events, meetings, and conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, and creating and issuing meeting materials or invitations, as required.
- In conjunction with the IT team, manage office technology needs, liaising with IT to identify and address IT issues.
- Manage office service requests, intra-office moves, space utilization, and planning.
- Coordinate service/security calls with building management.
- Work closely with vendors on facility related projects as needed, under the direction of the Managing Partner.
- Establish relationships with vendors, monitor vendor performance, and negotiate and monitor contracts, as required.
- Provide support to Partner(s) to fulfill key firm requirements and ensure that deadlines are met, e.g., client invoicing, time entry, projections, submission of expenses.
Policies & Procedures:
- Develop an Office Manager Guide for firm protocols.
- Develop practices to maximize efficiencies and identify where policies and procedures should be implemented, amended, or changed.
- Maintain office directory and welcome guide.
- Assist in implementing various office policies and procedures to meet firm standards.
- Maintain Health and Safety and Fire Risk Assessment files in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and/or governing bodies where applicable.
- Implement and conduct training in accordance with the Health & Safety and Fire Manuals in accordance with local legislation and governing bodies, where applicable.
- In conjunction with the HR team, ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource legislation requirements. Escalating matters as required.
- In conjunction with HR, conduct new hire preparation and orientation, and assist with the employee out-processing procedures.
- Process invoices and assist the accounting department with processing invoice payments in a timely manner, while maintaining administrative files.
- Ensure all expenses are processed within guidelines and in accordance with the internal Travel & Expense policy.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in office management.
- Professional services and / or law firm experience is strongly preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products is essential. Experience with other applications such as QuickBooks and FileVine would be useful.
- The idea candidate will have a high school diploma, with a college degree preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously and be a proactive self-starter with close attention to detail and an ability to understand the importance of detailed work within a larger context.
- Ability to plan, organize, and carry out multiple related activities.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multi-task across several different departments and time zones in a fast-paced office environment.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with the firm’s standards, practices, policies, procedures, and local regulations.
- Must be flexible and able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Ability to collaborate in an effective and mature manner with co-workers, vendors, and clients.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Demonstrated employment stability.
Coopers LLP understands that the best way to provide superb service to our clients is to ensure that our employees love their jobs and the atmosphere they work in. A great culture starts with providing well for our employees. Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization. Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance;
- Competitive pay;
- Retirement matching plan;
- Competitive vacation and holiday policy;
- PTO for staff professional development activities.
We encourage our employees on their path to personal and professional growth. We offer a robust growth program that assists employees with envisioning and accomplishing their personal, professional, and financial goals.
- $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- In person