Coopers LLP helps the seriously injured, people grieving the loss of loved ones, preventable disaster victims, and all bicyclists. We lift the worry, stress, and concern off people’s shoulders to allow them to focus on the physical and emotional recovery. We take on all aspects of the claims process, including all paperwork, litigation, settlement negotiations, and when necessary, trial. We do not relent without obtaining justice.
Founded on the principle that achieving success for our clients comes from fulfilled people who remain respectful in the legal system’s adversarial process, Coopers LLP constantly works to create the best firm culture available. We work collaboratively with a team approach and accessible environment that encourages personal and professional growth. We love what we do, and it shows.
We are Relentless, Committed, Candid, Respectful, Collaborative, and Wise, and welcome those sharing our values. We invite you to read more about our core values on our Careers page.
Please read before applying:
The key to succeeding in this position lays in one’s anticipatory skills – being able to see around corners, manage information flow, and be proactive. The position requires independent decision-making, excellent problem-solving skills and discernment, collaboration with the managing partner, and concise written and verbal communication skills.
The ideal candidate lives our core values.
An MBA is preferred, though relevant work experience will be considered for the right candidate. You will excel in this position only if you have strong communication skills (written and verbal), well-developed organizational and time management skills, and an anticipatory mindset.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required to excel in this position.
● Supervise the firm’s administrative team, human resources team, finance team, IT team, and intakes team
● Set team and individual goals
● Work with Managing Partner and Controller to analyze data, spot trends, and identify and solve problems
● Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature
● Use discernment to resolve most questions and problems independently, referring only the most complex issues to partner level
● Create new company policies and processes
● Ensure that company policies are followed
● Develop and maintain a training and growth program for team members
● Optimize business workflows
● Monitor and improve team metrics
● Identify and solve cost inefficiencies
● Identify weak spots in a process to improve efficiency
● Participate in weekly leadership meetings
● Demonstrate concise written and verbal communication skills
● Be organized, attentive to detail, and able to prioritize
● Exhibit strong planning and project management skills
● Have strong negotiation skills
● Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
● Staunchly protect our firm culture and reputation
What you’ve accomplished:
● 5+ years relevant operations experience (though law-specific experience not required)
● Provided a bridge for smooth communication between partners and team members, demonstrating leadership, trust, and credibility
● Master’s in Business Administration (or work experience equivalent training)
● Managed people and teams
● Thrived at working under pressure with the ability to handle a wide variety of activities with great discretion and professional poise
Compensation will vary depending on experience level.
Coopers LLP believes the best way to help our clients is with a happy, fulfilled team who love their calling. That fulfillment includes team support. Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with a custom growth plan, career development, and training and advancement opportunities within the organization. Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including:
● Medical insurance
● Retirement matching plan
● Competitive vacation and holiday policy
● Paid time for professional development activities
● Commuter benefits that encourage active and public transportation
We work together to develop a growth plan to help people achieve their professional goals and provide the time and financial support to execute on that plan.
● Health insurance
● Paid time off
● Professional development assistance
● Retirement plan